Caregiving can be a big expense. After all, assisted living communities can be quite expensive, so it must be cheaper to do it yourself, right?
Here are a few benefits you could be missing out on by being your family’s caregiver, according to A Place for Mom:
- Lost wages- Caregivers frequently have to give up on their own career to take care of their loved one, missing out on an average $143,000 in lost wages.
- Decreased employability- Caregivers find that it’s difficult to find a new job when their time as a caregiver ends.
- Increased health care costs- Caregiving can take a toll on your physical and mental health.
- Lost savings and retirement- Out-of-pocket expenses can really add up! The National Alliance for Caregiving and Evercare found that a stunning 47% of working caregivers reported having used up all or most of their savings.
- Reduced productivity- Caregiving not only effects the caregiver, but the economy too. MetLife found that American businesses lose an estimated $34 billion each year due to employees’ need to care for aging loved ones.
Get Started Today: Schedule a Tour!
We can help your family create peace of mind. When you’re at home you’ll know your loved one is taken care of and in good hands. Hillside Terrace – “Where our family shares life with your family!” Come see the difference we can make when your family shares life with our family. Schedule a tour of Hillside Terrace today– a facility for hospice care in Ann Arbor.
For more information about hospice care offered at Hillside Terrace, visit us at HillsideTerrace.net, or contact us here!