Thursday, October 1, 2020

Questions to Ask Yourself if You’re Thinking About Caregiving

Assisted Living Ann Arbor


Are you thinking about being the caregiver for your loved one?

It’s a lot of responsibility that can take a mental toll on you. Being prepared for the potential changes of caregiving means asking yourself these important questions:

  1. Am I financially prepared for the extra costs of caregiving?
  2. Am I really capable of taking care of Dad or Mom all by myself? Do I need to hire home care or consider assisted living?
  3. Do I have the social support and resources I’m going to need?
  4. How will caregiving affect my physical and mental health?
  5. If my parent has dementia and can no longer filter their behavior, will I be able to cope with potentially hurtful words or actions?
  6. Will I be able to allow myself to accept help and take breaks?
  7. Will I be able to cut back on work responsibilities during those times when I need to care for my parent?
  8. Will I be able to make time for myself and my family?

Make Hillside Terrace Assisted Living Your Home Away from Home! 


For more information about assisted living services and the other services we provide, visit us at HillsideTerrace.net, or contact us here! Hillside Terrace – “Where our family shares life with your family!” We can help give your family peace of mind. When you’re at home, you’ll know your loved one is taken care of and in good hands. Schedule a tour today!

No comments:

Post a Comment